posted 3 May 2015, 05:09 by Richard Wilson
updated 3 May 2015, 05:13
Chawton Cricket Club will be holding another 6-a-side tournament this year on Sunday 28th June at 12pm. BBQ food, soft drinks and snacks available on the day.
Same format as last year. 4 or 5 teams playing a round robin with a final for the top 2 teams - more details below.
- 4 or 5 teams of 6 players. Players pay £10 each and this includes a Burger or Sausage and a soft drink
- All teams will be in 1 group, so all the teams play each other, so a minimum of 3 or 4 games per team, plus a final between the top 2 teams
- Each game is 10 overs, but the games will be split into 2 sessions, with each session lasting approximately 20 mins
- Each team will either bat or bowl and then come off, being replaced with another game. This format keeps everyone involved through the afternoon without too long a wait between games
- Every team will be expected to provide someone to umpire and/or score some of the games
- Every player bowls 1 over except the wicket keeper
- Batsmen retire at 25, but can return to crease if rest of the team is out. The last batsman will bat on their own if the others are out (last man standing)
- No balls are a free hit
- There will be a power boundary behind the bowlers arm, where a 4 counts as 8 and a 6 counts as 12. This will be clearly marked and be about the width of a football goal
- Both innings of the same game will be bowled from the same end to save time (the alternate games will be played from the other end), so batsmen swap ends after each over